22 05 2022
What is this TAP team?
The Athlete Program’s elite CrossFit Team – TAP is based out of CrossFit Aylesbury and qualified for the CrossFit Games in 2021, the goal is to be the first British team in history to go back-to-back and qualify again for the 2022 Games. We set ourselves big targets and we smash them.
Who makes up the team?
1. Mike Catris (c)
- European Championships 1st place 2015, 4th place 2017, 8th place 2019 + 3-time CrossFit Regional Competitor
- Former professional Rugby Player
- Head Coach and Owner of The Athlete Program
- First Welshman to Qualify for the CrossFit Games
- European Championships 1st place 2015 and 2020, 4th place 2017, 8th place 2019 + 4-time CrossFit Regional Competitor
- Active Service Member in the British Military
- Mother of 11-Year-Old
- Top 5 UK Open finisher in the last 5 years running
- European Championships 2nd place 2020, 5-time Sanctional Individual Competitor
- School Teacher
- Owner of CrossFit Aylesbury
- Former County Level Swimmer
4. Jamie Lowry
- Top 50 in CrossFit Quarter Finals 2022 and 3-time Sanctional Competitor
- CrossFit Coach at Gainline Ascott
- Strength and Conditioning Coach at Windsor Boys School
When and how did the TAP team start?
The team started in 2019 when we took part in CrossFit Strength in Depth 2019 taking second place. It was formed by Mike Catris and made up of athletes he coached at the time. Since then the team went on to podium in a total of 5 out 5 sanctional/semi finals events from 2019-2021
Qualifying for the 2021 CrossFit Games was a huge achievement, but the greatest is yet to come!
The team are competing in Semi Finals in CrossFit Strength in Depth (June 10-12 2022) in a bid to get back to the CrossFit Games this season.
The games, can you win?
We enter every competition with the sole ambition of competing to the best of our ability, we know if we do that, we’re hard to beat!
We can’t control what other teams can do or what the workouts will look like, but we know if we perform as well as we can then we’re in with a chance!
If you each could only use one supplement, what would it be and why?
1. Mike – Creatine Monohydrate, “the performance benefits are outstanding and its cheap and easy to get. You can get most other things through a really good diet, but it’s hard to get enough creatine in.”
2. Charlotte Spence – Whey Protein, “it’s such a convenient and cost-effective way to get enough protein in your diet day to day!”
3. Maddy Harris – Combat Fuel Peanut Butter Cups, “I love a sweet snack! The PB Cups are amazing for a sweet craving and fit within my macros too!”
4. Jamie Lowry – Omega 3 Fish Oils, “I don’t eat a lot of fish and Omega 3 is so good for health, recovery and performance, it just helps so much!”